Weekly Reminders: Thursday, November 13th
Cold Weather: A reminder to make sure your child is dressed warmly for the colder weather. Despite the cold temperatures students will be outside during both lunch and afternoon recesses. Also, in the event of an earthquake, they may be forced to remain outside in the cold for an extended length of time. So please no shorts or tee shirts.
- Sick Children: To avoid the spread of germs, please keep your child at home if he/she is sick. This is especially important if your child has a fever. There is no nurse on staff at the school and we do not have staff available for supervision of sick children.
- Disable Persons' Parking: Unless you display the appropriate Permit please refrain from using the parking allocated for people with disabilities.
- All Candidates Meeting for School Trustees: Thursday, November 13th. 7-9pm at Claremont Secondary.
- Popcorn Day: Friday, November 14th. Popcorn will be served to all children who submitted their order forms and payment.
- Municipal and School Board Elections: Saturday, November 15th. Remember to get out and vote!
- Scholastic Book Fair/Sale in the library: Come do some holiday shopping and help support our school. You may wish to send your child with some money to shop at the fair as well.
Fri, Nov. 14th: after school (2:30 – 4:30)
Mon, Nov. 17th: before school (8-9),
at lunch (11:15 – 12:15)
& after school (2:30 – 4:30)
Tues, Nov. 18th: before school (8-9)
- PAC Meeting: Wednesday, November 19th: 6:45 Library. Join us for tea, treats and discussion.
(door prize BOX OF PURDY’S CHOCOLATES)
- Purdy’s Chocolates Orders Due: Thursday, November 20th. Order forms went out today.
- Poinsettia and Holiday Wreaths/Planters Orders Due: Thursday, November 21st. Forms went out today. Please ask your friends and co-workers to help support our grade fives Camp Thunderbird trip.
- Photo Re-takes: Friday, November 21st. For individual student photos only.
- Whole School Goldstream Park Fieldtrip: Tuesday, November 25th. Details were sent home to classes via paper notice. Families are welcome to join in with the naturalist programs and fieldtrip. Adult volunteers also needed to help serve hotdog/veggie dogs and hot chocolate to students.
Ongoing Fund Raising:
- Cobs Bakery: Please mention Prospect Lake Elementary at time of purchase. We receive a percentage of all sales.
- Canadian Tire money & Country Grocer receipts: Send these in with your child, or drop at the office. Each teacher has a bag or box in their room. Last year Country Grocer receipts earned our school $2800!
- Beverage Containers: Please save your rinsed out beverage containers (no milk or almond/soy please) and drop off to the school in bags. Deliver to the shed near the playground. This fundraising will continue throughout the year. Grade Five students will sort, count and return for refund to help with their Camp Thunderbird trip in June.
- Peninsula Coop: If you shop at the Coop or Save on Gas, please use our school number to help us. # 79184