May 27, 2020
Good afternoon Prospect Lake Families,
Thank you for your understanding as we work through these unusual times together. We are very much looking forward to welcoming our students to school who have indicated their return and have been working diligently to ensure that we are prepared to meet both health and safety and educational needs.
Students have been assigned to cohorts with consideration to the numbers in each classroom and to fit within an overall reduced school density. Cohorts are either Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday. If you have indicated yes on a return, you will receive information on the days your child(ren) will attend from the classroom teacher today.
For the month of June, there are some important changes to note for all families. While remote learning continues, the ability of teachers to connect with students at home will change somewhat as some students will be also attending in-person. Fridays will be the best day to connect with teachers in regard to remote learning, teachers will also connect at other times as possible. Remote learning will continue to be the foundation for directing our learning this month, with in-person instruction allowing an opportunity to reconnect and engage in supplemental learning activities.
At school, we have a variety of health and safety protocols in place to meet the need for physical distancing, hand hygiene, and student and staff wellness. Some important changes to note for the month of June are:
- Keep your child home when you notice any symptoms of illness - even very mild symptoms. Call 8-1-1 for advice on how to self-assess for COVID19 or access the BC Centre for Disease Control Self Assessment tool at https://bc.thrive.health/
- Entry Routines--Students will enter and exit class by a specific door; parents are asked to drop off and pick up outside and your teacher will give you further details.
- Students should bring a water, food, and personal supplies to and from school each day
- Recess and lunch times will be staggered and play structures remain closed
- Eating times will be adjusted to allow adequate time for handwashing and cleaning
- Students will remain in their cohort throughout the two-day schedule, and where possible, this will be with their regular classroom teacher
- Students need to attend during their assigned schedule. Groups are designed to ensure overall school capacity remains at 50% or less.
- The school library will not be available for students. All materials should be dropped off to the school – further details from your teacher
- There will be increased custodial time to maintain Health and Safety protocols.
- Parents should follow regular attendance protocols, including using the absence line.
- Buses will run on their regular route schedule, but providing your own transportation, if possible, is encouraged.
- We will work within our regular school hours 8:40 – 2:48
We will be creating a video to share what to expect and further details regarding classroom and school routines later this week. We are here to help and thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we work to support our students together. As always, should you have questions, please contact your teacher or Ms. Ko email@example.com .