PAC News forum

HOT LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

PLES Logo
HOT LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
by Prospect Lake PAC - Tuesday, 14 November 2023, 3:52 PM

We are looking for 4 volunteers to help with this week's hot lunch on Friday November 17th.

Time: 11:15am

Date: Friday November 17, 2023

How does it work?  Volunteers sign in at the front office and then meet outside in the undercover area by the parking lot.  Together, the volunteers will help divide up the orders and deliver the food to the classrooms.  Once food is delivered and we have tidied up the undercover area, you are free to carry on with your day.  Since this is the first time in a while that all students are eating at the same time, we will see how long this will take – probably an hour.

Do I need to wear a mask?  Masking is optional, and choices are respected.

Do I need my criminal record check? No.  For hot lunch volunteering you are not required to have your criminal record check completed as you will not be alone with any children. 

Can I park at the school? Yes.  The lower lot is available for parking.  If the lot is full, additional parking can be found at Whitehead Park, street parking on Prospect Lake Road, street parking on Sparton Road, and at the Prospect Lake Community Hall.

How many volunteers are needed? For this week's hot lunch, we need 4 volunteers!!

Contact: If you are able to help out or you are not able to make your volunteer commitment, or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah at sarah.r.angus@gmail.com or text/phone 250-744-6196.