IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES

• Tuesday September 19: PAC Meeting, 7:00pm
  • Wednesday September 20: PLES Open House, 5:30-6:30pm
  • Friday September 22: Pro-D Day, school not in session
  • Friday September 22: Hot Lunch Orders Due
  • Monday September 25: Spirit Wear Orders Due
  • Friday September 29: Subway Hot Lunch

HOT LUNCHES ARE BACK!!

We are excited to offer hot lunches again this year.  Hot Lunches are meant to be an exciting opportunity for our students.  If this should pose any financial hardship for your family, please connect with us at prospectlakepac@gmail.com.

We ask that you please take a moment to read through the following important information about your MunchaLunch accounts.

Returning PLES Families: If your family registered for a MunchaLunch account during the 2022-2023 school year, your account has been automatically rolled over.  You can access your existing account through this link: https://munchalunch.com/login

New PLES Families to MunchaLunch: To participate in hot lunches, parents / guardians must register a family account.  You can register through this link and click on ‘Register Account’: https://munchalunch.com/schools/prospectlake

If your family has an account and you need to ADD A SECOND SCHOOL: If your family has children in 2 or more schools, you can SELF-ADD a second account using this link and clicking on ‘Add Second Account’: https://munchalunch.com/account

If your family has an account and has MOVED SCHOOLS: If you have a child that is no longer at their previous school, you can SELF-TRANSFER schools using this link and clicking on ‘Transfer My Account’: https://munchalunch.com/account

If your family has forgotten their PASSWORD: On the login page: https://munchalunch.com/login  click 'Forgot Password' and the system will send a re-set password link.

Upcoming Hot Lunch Dates:

• Friday September 29: Subway
  • Friday October 13: Pizza and Sushi
  • Friday November 3: Subway
  • Friday November 17: Pizza and Sushi
  • Monday December 4: This Week’s Lunch
  • Friday December 15: Subway

YEAR-ROUND FUNDRAISERS

Your PLES PAC Executive is excited to announce three new year-round fundraisers, This Week’s Lunch, Tru Earth, and Mabel’s Labels!  If you have any problems with either of these fundraisers, please don’t hesitate to contact us at prospectlakepac@gmail.com.

THIS WEEK’S LUNCH

Check out a locally owned family business that will take the stress out of packing lunches AND fundraise for the Prospect Lake Elementary School at the same time!

You can connect to the PLES fundraiser through this link: Home - (thisweekslunch.com).  Take a moment to visit the website and look through the various lunch plans and item choices.  There are a wide variety of amazing options to choose from.

How does it work?  Simple.  Pick your plan, register and then your subscription is delivered to your door on Sunday – all 5 lunches for the week! Each plan includes 5 ‘main items’ and 5 bags of snacks – each week you’ll choose from a selection of mains to keep your child happy.

Our PAC will receive 5% cash back on all orders that are set up using our link, so please feel free to share it with everyone you know (they do not have to be PLES families)!  As there is no "school code" to enter, simply access the website through our specific link Home - (thisweekslunch.com) and you're ready to go!

TRU EARTH

When we order our products through the PLES Fundraising Page, Tru Earth will give back 20% of the order price to us!

What is Tru Earth? Tru Earth was launched in April of 2019 by three friends in British Columbia.  They had a vision to reduce the number of plastic laundry jugs that end up in landfills every year. Every year 700,000,000 laundry jugs are unable to be recycled and end up in landfills. To date Tru Earth and their community of Change Makers have helped reduce this by 2 million with their revolutionary laundry strip technology.

A little information on the product: Each laundry strip packs ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic, cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of liquidless laundry detergent that you just toss in the wash.  Its low-sudsing formula works in all types of machines.

Do they only sell laundry detergent? No! There are MANY eco-friendly products available for us to purchase with this fundraiser, such as: laundry detergent, toilet bowl cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner, fabric softener, dishwasher detergent, compostable pop-up sponges, cotton swabs, dish cloths, stainless steel straws, cotton mesh grocery bags, beeswax snack bags and food wrap, and more!!

MABEL’S LABELS

Mabel’s Labels is the best-known brand of durable labels for families.  With an ever-growing line of products, there is something for everyone.  All labels are extremely durable, they are laundry, dishwasher, and microwave safe, and the best part, they are 100% guaranteed!

By using this link: Fundraising Support | Mabel’s Labels | Raise Funds With Kids Labels (mabelslabels.ca), you are able to shop the entire Mabel’s Labels website.  With every purchase you make, Mabel’s Labels gives back 20% to our PAC.

Now is the best time to purchase labels for your child to help ensure their clothing, shoes, lunch containers, and any other personal items they send to school, return to your home.

PARENT ADVISORY COUNCIL (PAC) MEETING

ALL parents and guardians are invited to join us on Tuesday September 19, 2023, for our first Parent Advisory Committee meeting.  Our meetings are held at the school in the Learning Commons (aka. the library) or from the comfort of your home via Microsoft Teams.  School doors open at 6:45pm with tea and treats available.  The meeting will start at 7:00pm.  When joining us at school, please enter through the main front doors, sign in at Mrs. Blackwell’s desk and proceed directly to the Learning Commons.  Masking is optional and choices are respected.

SPIRIT WEAR

Please check out our spirit wear at the online store linked here: https://store.passionsports.ca/PLES23

There are also a few "Grad 2024" items designed just for our Grade 5 students-- these will have all the Grade 5 students' signatures on the back.  This store has a short turnaround time.  All orders must be in by September 25th.

Thank you to our very own PLES parent Jordan Crump for his design on the Spirit Wear.

Grab a hat, hoodie, shirt, or other panther item you love to show your school spirit!

THE CONFEDERATION OF PARENT ADVISORY COUNCILS OF SAANICH (COPACS) UPDATES

COPACS would like to welcome back our Saanich District families.  For those interested in upcoming district and COPACS meetings, the school year calendar can be found HERE.

BC CONFEDERATION OF PARENT ADVISORY COUNCILS (BCCPAC) UPDATES

LETTER FROM THE BCCPAC PRESIDENT

It has been a time of change at BCCPAC, but rest assured your elected BCCPAC Board of Directors is continuing to move forward to serve you. In my first land acknowledgement as the then Indigenous Director in November 2023, I said the words, “We see you; we hear you”. That statement remains true today. No one steps into a role as a volunteer with the BCCPAC Board without having a commitment and passion for public education. It takes a village to raise a child and when that village is working together as a team, life gets easier for everyone in it.

In the months following the AGM, the BCCPAC Board of Directors followed through on our commitment to appoint Victoria Brekkaas to the vacant Indigenous Director position. We have also recently appointed Kendra Mann to the vacant Director position. Sandy Thon has been appointed to the 1st Vice President position. Each of these individuals brings an important perspective from outside of the lower mainland along with passion and strong leadership skills.

I realize that I have risen through the ranks on the BCCPAC Board at a hard and fast pace. It is not often that a Board member changes their title multiple times in a year. As the BCCPAC President, my personal goal is to remain as transparent, accountable, and community driven as possible. I have years of experience on PACs, DPAC, & other community agencies behind me. My goal to change the narrative for future generations of Indigenous people may have been what brought me to the table. It is my passion for building strong communities that has kept me at these tables. I strongly believe if we all work together then change can and will be possible. Taking a moment to look at the current Board, it's evident that some positive changes are already happening, notably with the presence of two strong Indigenous women serving on it. I look forward to continuing to move forward to make positive changes for future generations of caregivers and students. I believe that everyone has a gift to give, and I encourage all of you to join a committee that you can make a positive contribution to BCCPAC. After all, many hands make light work.

As many of you are aware the BCCPAC Board of Directors shared with you in April that John Gaiptman submitted his letter of resignation with an end date of September 30, 2023. The initial hope was that the Board would have a new Executive Director in place by September 1st, 2023, so that John could help train them. However, even the best laid plans don’t always work out. At this point the HR Committee is working hard to try to have someone in place by the end of September. We are aware that hiring someone new in September is not an ideal situation but really there is no good time of the year. We are considering appointing an Acting Executive Director until a final decision has been reached. No one can predict what the future has in store, but the committee has been working behind the scenes to develop a fair process for potential candidates.

If you have a question that you feel would be valuable to ask a candidate, please pass it on to Director Resha Sabti at reshasabti@bccpac.bc.ca by September 10th. If you have questions about the process, please feel free to reach out to me at lauraward@bccpac.bc.ca.

Thank you for your contributions to public education, I look forward to working alongside you in the coming months.

Laura Ward, BCCPAC President

VOLUNTEERS MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE – WE NEED YOU!

At BCCPAC, our mission thrives on the dedication and passion of volunteers like you. Whether you're an expert or just someone eager to make a difference, your voice matters.

Why Volunteer?

By joining our committees, you become a part of something bigger. You'll have the chance to:

• Share your unique experiences and learn from others
  • Influence the policies that drive our organization
  • Network with other parents and guardians
  • Make a positive impact on your child's education.

We have an extensive list of committee positions available and they are open to any and all Parents and Guardians of our Member PACs and DPACs.

Interested in joining one (or more!) of our committees?

Take the Step - Volunteer Today! Your involvement is vital to our success. Don't miss the opportunity to share your insights, learn from others, and make a positive difference in your community. If you're ready to be part of our team, fill out the Volunteer Registration Form now and select which committees interest you!

YEAR-ROUND FUNDRAISING

Please help us raise funds for our Grade 5 students with this ongoing fundraiser:  

Please save your receipts from Country Grocer. Place them in the bucket on top of the wooden PAC mailbox beside Mrs. Blackwell’s desk.  Country Grocer provides a percentage back from all receipts we return.  The funds raised help support the Grade 5 class with their year-end activities.

This Week’s Lunch: Home - (thisweekslunch.com)

Tru Earth: Tru Earth Store 

Mabel’s Labels: Fundraising Support | Mabel’s Labels | Raise Funds With Kids Labels (mabelslabels.ca)

CONTACT US

Please feel free to connect with us at any timeprospectlakepac@gmail.com

Don’t forget to check our PLES PAC website regularly for up-to-date fundraisers, current news, important dates, and much more:  Course: Prospect Lake Elementary School PAC (sd63.bc.ca)