I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience during this ongoing labour dispute. I also want to apologize for the uncertainty you are experiencing as the days unfold. We will do our very best to keep you informed but must let you know that there are still some unknown factors.
The following are things we know:
1. Saanich has a rotating strike day on Friday June 13, no classes in session.
2. The BCTF is holding a strike vote on Monday June 9 and 10. We may receive notice of escalated strike action to begin Monday June 16.
3. There is a possibility of a full scale strike that could take us through to the end of the school year.
4. Bargaining continues but there is very little movement at this time.
1. The elementary track meet will take place on June 12.
2. All graduation ceremonies will take place, possibly without teacher presence.
3. Report cards will be scaled down to provide essential information.
4. School-based secondary exams are cancelled. We are awaiting information from the Ministry of Education about provincial examinations.
5. Grade 5 and 8 celebrations may take place off site. Your Principal will provide information.
6. It is possible, but not yet determined, that June 12 will be the last day in session. Schools will communicate next week about a variety of year end requirements if this is the case.
Thank you again for your understanding.