PAC News forum

CENTERPIECE GREENERY Q & A

PLES Logo
CENTERPIECE GREENERY Q & A
by Prospect Lake PAC - Friday, 1 December 2023, 12:08 AM

Centerpiece Greenery Q & A

Here are some of the common questions, with answers, that we have received regarding the greenery used for the centerpieces:

What sized pieces are acceptable?

• Greens the size of your hand or foot would be great.  The smaller sizes are easier to fill the floral foam and for the students to work with.  However, we will happily accept any size.

Can I donate a full branch with greens attached?

• Yes. We can cut down large branches / stems down to size.

Will you accept colourful stems or skinny branches?

• With pleasure!  Colourful stems and skinny branches in golds, yellows, and reds, make stunning additions.  The curlier the better.

I used a chainsaw to trim my hedges, would those pieces be okay to donate?

• Yes!  The pre-cut pieces will be easy to handle and will fill the centerpieces foam easily.

What are the preferred varieties of greens?

• Fir, cedar, and cypress are the preferred, however we will happily accept other greens such as spruce, sequoia, pine, hemlock, yew, miscanthus, pampas grass, laurel, camelia, magnolia and ornamental round leaf holly (please no wild holly as it’s very sharp and pokey).

I don’t have any greenery at home, will you accept purchased greenery?

• Yes.  Bundles of greenery purchased from garden centres and / or flower shops are accepted.

Where can I drop off my donations?

• We have two drop off locations available for drop-off until December 4th:
    • The Flower Patch at Tiny Tree Herb Farm – IN the Farm Stand, 6370 Old West Saanich Rd.
    • Brown’s the Florist Design Studio – Blue Tarp / Box, top left of driveway, 5021 West Saanich Rd.

Other questions...

• Greenery & Decoration Drop-Off:
    • Brown’s the Florist Design Studio: Natasha text/call at 250-884-5450
    • The Flower Farm at Tiny Tree Herb Farm: Yvonne text/call at 250-893-8351