PAC News forum

WINTER CENTERPIECES - LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!

PLES Logo
WINTER CENTERPIECES - LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!
by Prospect Lake PAC - Tuesday, 28 November 2023, 12:36 PM

WINTER CENTERPIECES

This December, every student in the school will have the opportunity to create a beautiful and unique winter centerpiece that they will then bring home.  This is an activity we have done seasonally and has been widely enjoyed by students, teachers, and families. However, in order for this activity to blossom, we are asking for everyone’s help to make this successful.

We need a LOT of volunteers to assist with the prep work that goes into this activity: 

• Preparing the base with the oasis and tape: 
    • cut the oasis into smaller pieces and soack, place in plastic base, tape to secure
  • Cutting boughs and greenery into smaller pieces
    • fill 12 large garbage bags - 1 per classroom
  • Organizing decorations for each classroom
  • Preparing any flowers: 
    • removing leaves, trimming stems, separating into containers for each classroom

Commonly Asked Questions:

Do I need any experience with floral work to volunteer?

• No, absolutely not.  All tasks are simple, and we have a wonderful parent on hand who can help lead you through any job you'd like to help with.

Do I need anything to volunteer?
  • Volunteers will need garden clippers (some are available on site) for this activity.  Garden gloves are also recommended but not required.  Wear comfortable shoes as you will be standing, however some chairs are available.
Where do I go to volunteer?

• All prep work will take place indoor at The Flower Patch at Tiny Tree Herb Farm, 6370 Old West Saanich Rd.
Can somebody who isn't a parent at PLES volunteer? (ex. grandparent, friend, older child)

• Yes!  We welcome all volunteers.

Can I volunteer, even if I can't do the whole 3-hour time slot?

• Yes!  We require a LOT of help for this activity.  Any help, for any length of time is appreciated; you are welcome to stay for less than, the same, or more than the volunteer time space.

Tuesday December 5, 2023: Sign-up HERE

• 9:30am-12:30pm x 10 spaces available
  • 12:00pm-3:00pm x 8 spaces available 
  • 2:30pm-5:30pm x 10 spaces available
  • 5:00pm-8:00pm x 7 spaces available

Wednesday December 6, 2023: Sign-up HERE

• 9:30am-12:30pm x 10 spaces available

Questions?

If you have any questions, please reach out Wendy at wendy_bird@outlook.com