Coming Up This Week
- Tuesday, November 10, 10:00 AM: Our Remembrance Day Assembly will take place in the gym at Prospect. We encourage students to wear shades of black, white and red for the remembrance day ceremony if possible, and to practice their songs and poems at home.
- Wednesday, November 11: Remembrance Day - School is closed
- Thursday, Nov 12 and Friday Nov 13: Non-Instructional Days - Students not in session
- Monday, November 16: PAC Meeting at School Library 6:45 PM Speaker, Teacher Bev Barradell "How best to support your child as they learn to read & reading recovery". We especially welcome primary years parents to join us at this meeting.
- Wednesday, November 18: Art Cards Orders Due
- Friday, November 20: Poinsettia Order Deadline
- Thu Nov 26, Fri Nov 27 & Mon Nov 30: School Book Fair - details below
- Friday, November 27: Hot Lunch Day - Red Barn Day
- Monday, November 30: Purdy's Chocolates Order Deadline
- Students will not be in school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. Be sure to make childcare arrangements.
- Book Fair: Our Librarian Melissa Bourdon is in need of help for the upcoming book fair. She is looking for volunteers to help out from Nov. 26-Nov. 30 in the library. The book fair will run after school on Thurs Nov 26 and Fri Nov 27 and before school on Nov 27 and Nov 30. If you are available to help out with set up/clean up, collecting payment and/or helping find items and organization, please email Melissa at email@example.com or sign up on the sign up sheet posted in the library. Thank you for your support with this important fundraiser for our school!
- Sports Equipment Room Volunteers: We still need 2 volunteers to sort, organize and do minor repairs (blowing up soccer balls etc.) on our sports equipment. Your help would only be needed 2 to 4 times a year. This would help our school determine what equipment should be purchased for this year. If you can help out with this please contact the PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COPACS is still in need of a secretary to join their executive. The secretary will be in charge of maintaining records by taking minutes at meetings and holds official files & documentation. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- 2016 Vancouver Island Parent Conference: Saturday February 27, 2016 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Advances in the science of learning have shown us that we need to see every child as an individual to be served, encouraged and supported. Technology and globalization have driven us to redesign the education system. Conference speakers will challenge our traditional view of education and propose a new paradigm aimed at cultivating creative and successful learners. Presented by the District Parents' Advisory Councils of Greater Victoria, Sooke & Cowichan Valley. For more information visit: http://vipc.ca/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRD Parks Events: No matter what your age, CRD Regional Parks has a nature outing and event for you - for every season. Join a park interpreter for a guided walk, hike, drop-in event or canoe adventure. See the calendar for an outing and event that piques your natural curiosity. All events are highly educational and, best of all, free of charge but they do fill up quickly. Check out their calendar of events here: https://goo.gl/kK04k1