Front Page News

Message from: Nancy Macdonald

Picture of Gabby Blackwell
Message from: Nancy Macdonald
by Gabby Blackwell - Tuesday, 22 April 2014, 10:05 AM

Hello everyone:

I am pleased to announce on behalf of the Board of Education that Dr. Keven Elder is scheduled to return to Saanich as Superintendent of Schools effective August 1, 2014.  Keven was seconded to the BC Public School Employers Association BCPSEA on June 1, 2013 for one to two years, and has served there on a full time basis since then.  With the replacement of the BCPSEA board, the moving on of key leadership staff and significant downsizing of the budget at BCPSEA, all parties have agreed that the position of seconded superintendent is no longer affordable and Keven is now pleased to have the opportunity to come home.

I have had the pleasure and honour of serving as Superintendent during Keven's absence and have benefited immensely from this invaluable experience.  I am truly grateful for having had the opportunity to work with all of you in this capacity.   I  look forward to returning to my position as Assistant Superintendent and want to thank Mark Fraser for serving so admirably and with such positive impact in that position during my time as Superintendent.   As you can imagine, with administrative assignments for 2014/15 still under consideration we will need a bit of time to determine the specifics of Mark's assignment for 2014/15.  

Thanks again to everyone in the Saanich school community.  I consider myself a lucky person to have been part of the team and will continue to do my very best in the future.

Nancy

Nancy Macdonald
Superintendent of Schools
School District 63 Saanich